Biomechanics is the study of human motion. The study of biomechanics is important when determining what causes injuries and therefore how we can prevent them re-occurring. This is especially important in athletes as it can be a major cause in recurrent.
Sports physiotherapists are professionally trained to detect biomechanical faults which can predispose you to injury. Correcting these faults with hands-on treatment, strengthening and/or stretching programs can be the difference between recurrent injuries and getting back to training injury free.
Biomechanical analysis can involve:
- Gait analysis - study of your walking pattern
- Running analysis - study of your running style
- Video analysis or motion capture analysis
- Sports biomechanics - sport specific analysis
- Workplace analysis - study of how you do you job